Zebra ZXP Series 8 ID Card Printer Description
Innovative, best-in-class retransfer card printer
With best-in-class, productivity-boosting, full-throttle throughput, produce vivid color plastic cards on demand fast—thanks to Zebra's highly advanced ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer and its patent-pending image transfer process. Yet even at unparalleled print speeds, the printer achieves superior, photo-like image quality that boasts rich, consistent colors and strikingly sharp resolution.
The ZXP Series 8 includes ZMotif™ software for easy integration with enterprise applications. A modular design gives you the flexibility to add a variety of encoding options as needed. And the printer's high reliability minimizes maintenance needs and total cost of ownership.
• ID and access control cards
• Government-issued driver's licenses
• National ID and voter registration cards
• People-tracking in high-security areas
• Instant issuance of ATM / credit / smart cards
• Personalized gift, membership and loyalty cards
• Smart cards in travel, gaming and entertainment
Genuine Zebra supplies meet stringent quality standards and are recommended for optimal printing quality and proper printer performance. The ZXP Series 8 printer is design to work only with Zebra True Colours® i Series™ ribbons, Zebra True Colorus™ i Series transfer film and Zebra True Secure™ i Series laminates.
• Best-in-class throughput for printing, encoding and laminating—due in part to the patent-pending simultaneous 2-sided retransfer process plus efficient landscape print mofe—increases your operational efficiency without sacrificing quality.
• Based on Zebra's image-processing technology, photo-quality image and print resolution are obtained to meet your quality and brand specifications.
• Designed inside and out to be reliable and durable—reducing repair costs and downtime.
Easy printer integration and management
• ZMotif XML-based drivers and SDK makes the printer enterprise-ready with driver and management utility tools for easy setup and faster deployment—saving IT time and costs.
• Microsoft® Windows® certified drivers ensure application compatibility, ease of use, and investment protection in existing software infrastrutures.
• A variety of connectivity interfaces are available for easy integration into local or networked systems—USB, Ethernet, and 802. 11b/g wireless.
Modular design with order-now or add-later options
• Magnetic stripe encoder
• Smart card contact and contactless encoders
• UHF Gen 2 RFID encoder
• Ethernet and 802. 11b/g wireless connectivity
• Laminator module option for single-or dual-sided lamination
• Transfer film easily shows tamper evidence for built-in fraud protection
• Lockable enclosure and card feeder prevents unauthorized use
• Kensington® lock slot to secure printer to work environment
Genuine Zebra supplies
• Zebra True Colours® i Series™ inteligent ribbon and transfer film automatically calibrate printer—increasing productivity, reducing downtime, and minimizing training.
• Zebra True Secure™ i Series™ laminates create highly secure ID cards, and the patented linerless laminate is waste-free and lowers the cost per card.
• Choose Zebra for quality plastic cards in a variety of types and materials.
• For high-quality cards, rely on Zebra ribbons, transfer film and laminate consumables.
About retransfer printing technology
Unlike traditional dye sublimation card printer, which use a printhead that prints through a ribbon directly onto the card. retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is then thermally bonded to the card. In general, benefits of retransfer printing include:
• Higher image quality and print resolution
• The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
• True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers must leave a white border because printing out to the edge would damage the printhead.
• The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Dye sublimation requires a porous surface available only through PVC cards.
• More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
• Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evidsent
Advantages of Zebra's innovative retransfer card printer
Zebra's ZXP Series 8 printer achieves the fastest print speed thile maintaining top image quality, making it the best-in-class retransfer printer available on the market.
• Zebra achieves print speeds that far exceed any retransfer printer, and that are comparable to many of the fastest direct-to-card printers on the market today.
• Zebra's image-processing technology compensates for image errors normally caused by high printing speeds—enabling photo-quality images and print resolution even at increased print speeds.
• Zebra's patent-pending simultaneous dual-sided image transfer process applies film to both sides of the card in a single pass, drastically reducing the print time.
The result is photo-like image quality and best-in-class throughput for mainstream printing, encoding and laminating—so you enjoy increased operational efficiency.